Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Friday, December 16, 2011

Squeaking in a christmas gift early...

Ava wrote out a very detailed christmas list for Santa, us, Grammie...
It included:
"a DS, two games, bracliss, necliss, a farey book with necliss" and lots of "plees and thank yous."
It was adorable.
Grammie and I went shopping and we did our best.

Michael's list was as follows:
1. Lamborgini
2. Lamborgini police car

That's it folks!
When I said I have never seen a Lamborgini police car, he was quick to reply "That's ok mom, santa just invents this stuff."
Fantastic.

Well Grammie and I found some awesome stuff and she graciously let them open a present before she left. Even though their behavior was questionable when I was in NY. And even though Michael said some unfiltered comments when she arrived like "Did you bring me a present, I hope it's not a book." This was only slightly better than last year when he told her "Dont waste your money Grammie, I only like cars."

And the all time classic Michael comment. I was laying down the law before leaving and said you will not get any presents from Grammie if you are not a good listener and a big helper. And she has bought you many very nice things."
 Michael being his ever blunt self responded with "Well that's good because she didnt buy us a thing last year."
Gasp! Nearly every last thing under the tree was from Grammie and Grandpa Quarter. He even wrote her a very nice thank you for all the wonderful items and how lucky he felt to have such an awesome grammie. How soon we forget Michael.

Well Michael's early gift was OF COURSE a lamborgini. Which has been glued to his hand ever since. He will tell you all about the specs, if you will listen.

Henry got a light up stacking rings toy. Which he loves, makes him dance and clap and smile (picts to follow).

And Ava got a super cool nail art book which we immediately put to good use:




Obviously we have a little more work to do on how Christmas is the season for GIVING not RECEIVING. I am glad we put all the community works on our advent calendar. We need (michael esp) the reminders and the exposure. 


2 comments:

  1. Michael, I can't wait to hear aaaaaall about it! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post. I enjoyed spending time with them while I was there and always loved doing projects with Ava - even if I did get a blister on my thumb from cutting snow flakes. I didn't spend a dime while I was there (except Christmas presents which would have been sent even if I was home). I think I will refer to this as the free trip! Thanks again Amanda & Derek, miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete