Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Sunday, March 25, 2012

the ARM

Mom: "Can I have a picture of your arm?"
Typical Michael. Yep, he's pretty literal.



He picked camo. He said that everyone at school has been so helpful. Unfortunately, the day he got it on and the day after it was in the 80's here and I think he was pretty miserable. Not to mention he is so skinny and even though it is not plaster it still weighs him down. But he's a trooper!



It goes all the way to the armpit but they padded it so it wouldn't rub.  Notice Henry is stealing the stool while we are busy.
The cast man, Travis,  offered to build it up in the bicep to make him look muscular. Michael actually got the joke and was cracking up! 

He told the doctor he was up trying to catch Lucky the Leprechaun at 4am. But he was a day early. The doctor thought it was funny. After a hospital trip and two, two hour appointments mom did not. 

2 comments:

  1. The cast looks bigger than he is. Love the camo. Does everyone still sign it like they used to or is that old school?

    I hope he gets if off before the real summer hits. Hot & sweaty equals itchy & yuck! Tell him to eat all his fruits and veggies & dairy products so it will heal faster and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry!!! That little thief!!!

    I wonder if I have any pictures at my mum's of me in my foot cast from when I was his age! and it was in the middle of the summer! I actually - god help me for telling this "out loud" - swam with a bread bag over my cast!!! Nissan Whole Wheat! just put an elastic around the top and I was good to go!!!

    ReplyDelete