Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hand-me-downs

My husband is frugal (ahem cheap). And I LOVE a sale, a deal, a bargain. So it may come as no surprise that we are THRILLED with free!

Where would we be without our treasure trove of hand-me-downs? My sister Meghan has graciously clothed Henry for the last 15 months. Since Michael came to us past the infant stage we never had the little tiny weeny baby clothes. And Ava being the oldest girl in the family of cousins has no one to hand down to her.

However, we hit the hand-me-down lottery! Henry from Griffin and Ava and even Michael from a set of adopted siblings I have never even met. Aunt Patsy (MamaSue's sister) takes care of a little boy named Ryan and his sister Chanel. They have given us BAGS of clothes for the older two.

It is very rare that we have to buy anything for the kids. Man are we blessed! My friend Leanne has two girls, Abbie and Anna, that have shared a boat-load of clothes for Ava too! And they are adorable, in great condition.

When I was in NYC for work, my mom flew out to help care for the kids. She actually VOLUNTEERED to go through the bins of clothes and sort them for each kids, into too small, too big and just right. Piles headed for Sydney, Griffin, Grace, and Jackson, Goodwill... Boy she didnt have a clue what she was getting into! SIXTEEN bins of clothes, shoes, coats, boots... SIXTEEN! She had her work cut out for her. Ava had so many pants they wouldn't even fit in her new dresser. And not one pair were new!

Here is Ava and Henry showing off some of their hand-me-down jammies. I am pretty sure these ar ethe third kid for Henry's. And they are just as adorable as a pair off the rack! Horay for hand-me-downs!!!





3 comments:

  1. Written as only you could write it..interesting, and in a friendly chik chat style. Hey! I hang out at Salvation army and look thru tons on clothes to get jeans for $1-$5 a pair that look brand new. Gymboree, Lands End, Gap, you name it they are all there for the buying and their cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup they still look great! We love hand me downs and we will never turn away free. Thanks for sharing. Ellie just gave me 7 pairs of shoes for Griffin and all but one pair look brand new. I joke that I went shopping at Ellie's except she did not charge me a dime. I owe her dinner and a movie!

    ReplyDelete