Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I cant cook

But I am learning. And trust me when I say it is a slllooooooow process. Most things I make are just o.k. But every once in a while I come up with something that actually tastes extraordinary! Derek and I love to eat these little fruit tarts from the bakery. But they are expensive and so they are a special occasion kind of dessert. Using a few different recipes blended together I reinvented our favorite dessert and it was DELICIOUS!!!!  The custard was creamy and a little lemony, the fresh fruit amazing. I did buy the little crusts because I couldn't find the little crust pans but I still count it as a success! Derek (my harshest critic, being an awesome cook himself) ate THREE the first day!!! That says more than words.


1 comment: