Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Flashback

Four years ago, what were we up to? Visiting Boston with Grammie Lala. Here we are at the aquarium. Well really Derek and Grammie, I was at a conference. 
The kids had a blast!

Man they look young! 


Boston Common in bloom, so pretty.

The zoo was a blast. Michael loved the tractors. 


Turns out it was exactly 4 years ago I ran my first (and only) 10k! 
Here with my friend Kim. The Boothbay Harbor 10k was beautiful, all along the coast. Mainers standing in their door yards cheering you on next to their lobster traps, beds and breakfasts snuggled in with fancy understated resorts. Very calm and coastal. 
In direct contrast to the Mother's Day 5 k in Portland this past weekend. Where there were over 3000 racers, many with strollers. It was absolute mayhem!! (In a good way) 


2 comments:

  1. That was fun. It was a great trip and I have many fond memories of it. The kids look way younger than I thought too. Michael and the subway/sailboats racing/the park near the motel/car trip with Ava and her first big sticker book are some of my favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My what a difference 4 years makes! I am proud of you- I guess I am a retired runner and I have yet to do a 5K or 10K- I wish we could do one together. I may just run this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete