Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Garden My Love

Anyone who really knows me knows how much I love to garden. We are getting ready to add onto our house and this means moving large sections of my gardens and even getting rid of two whole gardens! Just the thought gives me heart palpatations. (Seen below: Viburnum from my friend Gloria's husband's farm, and Clemantine white columbine.


Lupine is seen all over Maine in June. The roadsides and meadows are filled with it. The kids learn about it in school. The girlscouts learned that it has a peppery scent when they were on their recent nature walk.  I call it "slug salad," beacuse they LOVE it. Every year I threaten to rip it out for something less appealing, but they are just so beautiful with their umbrella leaves and long lasting flower spikes. They look fantastic next to my red papery poppies.


One of my all time favorites is my clematis. This one has been growing for four years and is finally blooming! It is called Henryi. I bought it because it reminded me of Derek's dad. Its so nice to finally see some of the pure white blooms. Gardening has taught me patience. What has it taught you?

No comments:

Post a Comment