Two oldest maine-iacs

Two oldest maine-iacs

Friday, February 10, 2012

Home sweet home...

We aren't there yet, but we are getting closer. You can feel the excitement in the air as we wait with bated breath to hear the "It's safe!"

We have been displaced now for nearly a month. Living at first at a very kind friend's house and then in a hotel the last 3 weeks. And although we are enjoying the towel fairy (that cleans up the towels off the floor), the pool and the already made and waiting breakfasts, we are SOOOO ready to be at home. In our own space. In our own beds. Eating our own food.

The kids will miss the pool but they are going to be so happy to be reunited with their toys.

One of the first things I am going to do? Probably cook and clean. And I wont worry if the kids are too loud or if I have to raise my voice. I wont worry about the trail of muffin crumbs Henry leaves where ever he goes. I wont have to worry about hotel keys, carrying bags of stuff up and down the stairs and driving to and from daycare, school, work an extra 15 miles.

I can't wait!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear it's going to be soon. Sent a pkg out on Thurs., should be there by now or by Monday at the latest. You'll have to pick up at the post office.

    ReplyDelete